Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Batch 19

My buddy Brandon shared an interesting new brew with me recently -- Batch 19 (http://www.batch19.com). It's an American Adjunct Lager. Not my favorite style, but I'm generally open to trying new brews.

I found this beer poured nicely, producing a creamy white foam. It was very clear with a nice golden color.

Aroma was sweet with a bit of malt and a touch of caramel.

I found the taste to be light and crisp with some pronounced hoppiness, though not as citrusy as many hoppy beers (like IPAs that I favor). It had more of a Carbonation was moderate, which I certainly appreciate. The finish was dry, clean and bright.

This will make an excellent summer beer due to its light and refreshing nature.

I think Coors has a hit on their hands with Batch 19.




No comments:

Post a Comment