Thursday, November 11, 2010

Geek-to-fit: Day 0

So a little background to start.  I used to lead a pretty sedentary lifestyle.  Then I divorced and started a new life.  I went from 255 lbs down to 215 and cultivated a healthier lifestyle, including eating healthy foods and running.

In February 2010, I ran the Polar Bear 5K on a sprained ankle, seriously exacerbating the injury, which took me out all summer.  That, combined with a ramping up of the kids' activities (and eating less healthy foods due to being so busy), pushed me back up to my current weight of 233.  I'm not liking that at all.

So I'm making a fresh start of it.  I'm getting back to my running schedule of at least 3 days per week and eating healthier foods.  In addition, my lovely wife just started an Arbonne business, so I'm going to be trying out their Figure 8 products.

I'm going to blog the whole process.  I'm going to be very transparent, so I ask my friends to be supportive and positive, but hold me accountable.

Check back for regular updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment