Sunday, November 14, 2010

Geek-to-fit: Day 3

Weigh-in: 229.5

Right-o! 4 lbs lost in 3 days. A very strong start.

Made egg whites with fresh tomatoes for breakfast. This healthier eating thing doesn't suck.

Busy day out and about. Still managed to get in some walking. Not running due to the ankle injury. Probably overdoing even with this, but I can't just sit around!

Big food challenge at lunch. Bonnie asked me to pick up Carl's Jr for the family since we were on-the-go with cheer activities. I managed to resist a big, heavy burger and discovered a great Apple Walnut Grilled Chicken Salad on their menu. Under 500 calories with dressing and candied walnuts. Still less than even a McD double cheeseburger (which weighs in at 550). Feeling good about being more mindful of what I put in my body.

Tried out Cardio Boxing class on "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved" on the Xbox 360 with Kinect. That class was a total blast. I took several short classes and was pleasantly surprised to see that the game estimated almost 400 calories burned. I was already under my calorie count, so I decided to indulge in a piece of the Key Lime pie we had in the fridge from Village Inn. Ya know, key lime pie never tasted so good!

Hoping many more days flow this well for diet and exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment