Sunday, November 14, 2010

Geek-to-Fit: Day 2

Weigh-in: 231.5

So after a disheartening fall and ankle injury last night, I was surprisingly upbeat. I was convinced I could find other compelling ways to get my cardio conditioning while my ankle healed. A crazy idea hit me ... go buy the Microsoft Kinect I had been drooling over. That should be low impact, right? Um, sure ... Kinect adventures had me lunging from side to side and jumping to control a river raft. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved had me doing running in place, squat thrusts, and the Tai Chi warrior pose. My ankle swelled to the size of a softball. Worth it? Heck, yeah!

A little advanced planning enabled me to go out to Village Inn with the girls and NOT consume 1,000 calories. Managed to get a very nice, large breakfast for under 500 calories. Discovered that I'm quite fond of egg white omelets. Going to have to switch to those at home for breakfast.

So all-in-all, a good day. Got in about 400 calories worth of exercise and enjoyed eating responsibly. I'm finding coffee and tea to be staples, but have cut soda out of my diet. I've got more energy, which is encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment